In a competition of twelve teams from all over the Czech Republic and one Polish team, the Foxconn Czech Republic team won the national final of the T-PROFI Talents for Companies competition for talented secondary and primary school students in the field of technical knowledge and manual skills.
On 28th June at 8 a.m. in the AquaPalace Hotel Čestlice, the 6th National Final of the Talents for Companies T-PROFI technical competition, organized by the Czech Chamber of Commerce and the Central Business Estate, z.s., was officially opened. The competition was attended by 84 students and pupils of twelve primary and secondary schools from all over the Czech Republic and by a foreign representative from Swidnica, Poland. All finalists qualified from the regional rounds and represented their regions and manufacturing and business companies as winners.
Task: Build a model of a nuclear reactor with a cooling circuit
At 9 a.m., the expert jury started the time countdown, and the 3-hour technical concert of assembling the nuclear reactor model with a cooling circuit began. For the first time in the history of T-PROFI, teams led by captains and teachers created a model combining mechanical, electronic and water parts of an authentic industrial facility. The day's task was to assemble a working model of a nuclear reactor and its cooling circuit. Using electronic controls, they then regulated the power and, depending on the actual output, its cooling system. For the mechanical assembly, the contestants primarily used the component base of the Merkur technical kit. The water elements and the electronic control using Arduino microcomputers were prepared by Mr Boris Šraut, T-PROFI's expert guarantor and chairman of the jury. The task also included a presentation of the finished project and a written knowledge test.
First place and gold medals for Foxconn
The Foxconn team, represented by students of the Kutná Hora High School, Elementary School and the Zbraslavice School, under the supervision of PR and Communications Manager Pavel Kožený as team captain and mentor, took home the gold from the national finals. The Foxconn team completed the assigned task the fastest with a time of 2 hours 41 minutes, but also without a single mistake. "We are extremely proud of the students and congratulate them on their well-deserved victory. This amazing performance is a great representation of our company and a result of our long-term support of schools in the region," said Pavel Kožený.
The contestants received the awards from Mr Vladimír Dlouhy, President of the HKCR, Ms Hana Klímová, Head of Communications of CEPS, and Mr Miroslav Bukva, General Manager of AquaPalace Prague, which was also the main partner of T-PROFI and Ms Lenka Klimentová, Head of Communications of Česká mincovna, a.s., who gave all members of the competition teams unique and beautiful coins. The Polish team was supported by Mr Daniel Piekarski from the Embassy of the Republic of Poland and by Mr Paweł Ulaszewski, Vice President of the Sudecka Izba Przemysłowo-Handlowa w Świdnicy. Mrs Anna Juřicová from the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic also attended the ceremony.
1. Central Bohemian Region - Foxconn Czech Republic, Kutná Hora HS, ES and the Zbraslavice School, Komenského
2. Liberec Region – ZF Automotive Czech s.r.o., STS Jablonec nad Nisou, Leisure centre Mozaika Železný Brod
3. Zlín Region – Česká zbrojovka a. s., HS COPT Uherský Brod, ES Pod Vinohrady, Uherský Brod
4. Hradec Králové Region – SQS Vláknová optika a.s., STS Nová Paka, ES Nová Paka, Komenského
5. Vysočina Region – Alfa In a.s., STS Třebíč, ES Třebíč, Benešova 585
6. Moravian-Silesian Region - BAŠISTA s.r.o., SOU Bruntál, ES Bruntál, Cihelní
7. Olomouc Region – Miele technika s.r.o. Uničov, STS Uničov, ES U Stadionu, Uničov
8. Pardubice Region – OEZ s.r.o. Letohrad, STS Letohrad, ES Letohrad, Komenského
9. Świdnica – AAM Poland sp. z o.o., Zespoł szkoł mechanicznych Świdnica, Szkoła podstawowa nr 6 Świdnica
10. South Bohemian Region – EGE, spol. s r.o. , ES Dukelská, České Budějovice, STS Dukelská, České Budějovice
11. Prague – Prague Public Transit Company, STS dopravní a.s., ES Sázavská, Praha 2
12. Ústí nad Laben Region – Mahr, s.r.o., Secondary School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Teplice, ES Krupka, Teplická